In general, the race is 240 miles long and ‘features’ roughly 40,000′ feet of vertical gain (and loss!) Courses get tweaked from year to year as new trails get built, decommissioned or authorized for your enjoyment.
The 2016 courses feature some notable additions and changes. In general, we’ve add miles of new trail and terrain each year. never before seen in the Epic’s 6 years of existence. Almost every bit of it singletrack.
Access 2016 GPS files and maps HERE.
2016 STAGE ORDER (Date/Stage/Start/Finish/APPROX distance/elevation).
- Stage 1 – Pennsylvania Creek (Ice Rink/Carter Park) – 35 miles, 6000′
- Stage 2 – Colorado Trail (Lower Washington/B&B Lot) – 43 miles, 7200′
- Stage 3 – Guyot (Lower Washington/B&B Lot) – 41 miles, 8100′
- Stage 4 – Aqueduct (Lower Washington/B&B Lot) – 44 miles, 6300′
- Stage 5 – Wheeler (Beaver Run Parking Lot/Peaks TH) – 32 miles, 4900′
- Stage 6 – Gold Dust (Ice Rink/Ice Rink) 30 miles, 4800′
- Stage 7 is also on Friday, and as customary, it’s at the Gold Pan. Bring your drinkin’ hat, dancin’ shoes…and personal sanitizer.
Please click on the links at the bottom of the page for maps, route descriptions and alternate routes for those looking to avoid the day’s stage.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTES for non-racers
The race uses a modest amount of the local network each day and is done by 2pm. We’ve listed alternate routes after each day’s description that suggest a few other rides where racer traffic will NOT be encountered.